A graduate readmission applicant is a student who previously enrolled at Clayton State University and who wishes to reenroll at Clayton State in one of the following ways:
- Previously enrolled as a graduate student wishing to be readmitted in the same graduate program after an absence of three or more semesters.
- Previously enrolled as a graduate transient student wishing to be readmitted as a graduate transient student in the same college for any term. To continue attending, transient students must be in good academic standing at Clayton State. Transient students who wish to change their enrollment status should contact the School of Graduate Studies for admission requirements.
- Previously enrolled as a graduate student and dismissed for unsatisfactory academic progress.
Students who have only attended Clayton State University at the graduate level cannot apply for readmission at the undergraduate level. Graduate students wishing to enroll at the undergraduate level should complete a new application for undergraduate admission and should submit the appropriate application fee and all transcripts to the Office of Recruitment and Admissions. Students should refer to the undergraduate catalogue for requirements and other policies related to transfer, transient and post-baccalaureate admission. Undergraduate students cannot complete the readmissions application in order to be considered for admission to the School of Graduate Studies. They must complete the admission process as outlined in the “Application Information” section of this catalog.
All students, including readmission students, must notify the Graduate Enrollment Services prior to registering if any of the following conditions apply:
- The student has attended another school since last attending Clayton State University. The student must have an official transcript of credits sent from the school he or she attended. The student must be eligible to reenroll at the last school attended before he or she returns to Clayton State. Failure to submit this transcript by the midpoint of the first term after returning to Clayton State could result in the placing of a registration hold on the student’s record.
- The student has disciplinary actions pending at the last institution attended since matriculation at Clayton State.
- The student has been convicted of a crime other than a minor traffic violation since last attending Clayton State. Failure to notify the University of any of the above conditions could result in university sanctions, including expulsion.
Applications for readmission and any required supporting documentation must be submitted to Graduate Enrollment Services by the established deadlines. Readmission applications are processed in the order that they are complete and ready for a decision.