All international students must pay the Clayton State application fee and provide all of the same documents required of U.S. citizens as described by their admissions category (freshmen, non-traditional, or transfer). In addition, International students from non-English speaking countries will be required to demonstrate proficiency of English through one of the methods described in the English Proficiency Requirement section below.
Students requiring an F-1 visa to enter the United States:
- Must complete Financial Verification Form, proof that adequate funds are available for educational and living expenses
- Copy of Passport
- Transfer Clearance Form if currently attending another institution in the US on F1 Visa
Permanent residents and applicants in other immigrant/non-immigrant categories must bring their immigration documents to the Office of Recruitment and Admissions. Such documents may include passport, resident alien card, I-94, or EAD.
Non-native speakers of English must demonstrate English proficiency as outlined in the section below.
Additional information regarding requirements for International Students is available on the University website (http://www.clayton.edu/international-student-services).
English Proficiency Requirement
English is the medium of instruction in all courses at Clayton State University, except foreign language courses. International applicants whose primary native language is not English must document proof of proficiency in English through one of the following options:
Note: Official test scores must arrive directly from the testing source. No photocopies, faxes, scans or email attachments are accepted.
For the most up to date information please visit the following link: https://www.clayton.edu/admissions/undergraduate-admissions/apply/international
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). The internet-based TOEFL, or “ibT”. The following TOEFL scores are acceptable:
- 75 total on the internet-based TOEFL (ibT), or
- 540+ on the paper-based TOEFL if the ibT is not available in your region
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- 6.5 total minimum scores
- For SAT and other testing requirements please visit: https://www.clayton.edu/admissions/undergraduate-admissions/apply/freshman
- Cambridge C1 Advanced (Certificate of Advanced English)
- 180 minimum scale score
- Completion of an approved University System of Georgia (USG) intensive ESL program.
- Completion of College English/English Composition and Rhetoric from a regionally accredited U.S. College or University with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Two years of English (not ESL) taken in a U.S. high school with minimum grades of “C”.
Contact the Office of Recruitment and Admissions to inquire about additional information.
Upon enrollment into the University, all students on F-1 visas are required to provide proof of medical and health insurance coverage.