School of Graduate Studies
J. Celeste Walley-Jean, Dean
Aise Cannon, Graduate Admissions
At Clayton State University, the mission of graduate education is to stimulate, encourage and support efforts that build national distinction and that are characterized by innovation and by increasing contribution to the social, cultural, economic, health and technological development needs of Georgia and the nation. The University is committed to excellence, innovation and collaboration in research and in the preparation of professionals for the highest levels of practice.
Goals for Graduate Education
- To ensure that all graduate students are educated by faculty who are at the forefront of teaching and research in their disciplines.
- To prepare students for leadership in a global society.
- To prepare students to communicate and apply knowledge in ways useful to society.
- To educate students to venture beyond existing boundaries of knowledge.
- To offer programs which are sensitive and responsive to the cultural diversity of the state and of the nation.
- To ensure that institutions will cooperate at all levels to ensure the quality of graduate education.
- To ensure that qualified students will have access to graduate education.
- To identify pre-college and undergraduate students with high academic potential and encourage them to pursue graduate study.
Role of the School of Graduate Studies at Clayton State University
- Articulate a vision of excellence;
- Provide for quality control in graduate education;
- Maintain equitable standards across disciplines;
- Define what graduate education is and is not;
- Bring an institution-wide perspective to post-baccalaureate education;
- Provide an interdisciplinary perspective;
- Enhance the intellectual community of scholars among graduate students and faculty;
- Serve as an advocate for graduate education;
- Emphasize the importance of adequately training future college and university teachers;
- Develop ways for graduate education to contribute to and enhance undergraduate education;
- Support graduate student services;
- Serve as an advocate for issues and constituencies critical to the success of graduate programs.
- Archival Studies, MAS
- Business Administration, MBA
- Clinical/Counseling Psychology, MS
- Family Nurse Practitioner, Post-Master's Certificate
- Health Administration, MHA
- Human Resource Leadership, Post-Master's Certificate
- International Business, Post-Master's Certificate
- Liberal Studies, MA
- Master of Arts in Teaching, MAT
- Master of Strategic Leadership Development, MSLD
- Nursing, MSN
- Public Administration, MPA
- Supply Chain Analytics, MS
- Supply Chain Management, Post-Master's Certificate