Accreditation and Approvals
Clayton State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, and masters degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Clayton State University. Direct all other queries about programs, services, or admissions directly to Clayton State University, 678-466-4000.
There is a three-fold purpose for publishing the address and contact number of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is done to enable interested constituents:
- To learn about the accreditation status of Clayton State University;
- To file a third-party comment at the time of Clayton State University's decennial review; or
- To file a third-party complaint against Clayton State University for alleged non-compliance with a standard or requirement of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
As indicated above, normal inquiries about Clayton State University (such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc.) should be directed to Clayton State University, not to the Commission's office.
Academic Planning and Assessment is administratively responsible for matters pertaining to Clayton State's accreditation, including the reaffirmation process. Please use the links on the right to located documents and resources related to accreditation and assessment.
National Accreditations and Approvals
- Clayton State’s College of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- The Dental Hygiene Program is accredited by the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation (ADA).
- The Health Care Management Program holds the Association of University Programs in Health Administration Management (AUPHA) full certified undergraduate status.
- The Health and Fitness Management Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation for the Exercise Sciences.
- Clayton State University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
- The Nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- The Legal Studies and Paralegal Programs are approved by the American Bar Association (ABA).
State or Local Approvals
- The Nursing Program is approved by the Georgia Board of Nursing.
- The University’s teacher preparation program is approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
Financial Aid Programs
The University has been approved for the following state and federal programs:
- Veterans Administration Benefits
- Federal Pell Grants
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG)
- Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant
- Federal Work Study Program
- Federal Direct Student Loans
- Federal Direct PLUS Loans (Parent and Graduate)
- HOPE Scholarship
- Zell Miller Scholarship
- HOPE Career Grant
- Zell Miller Grant
- HOPE GED Grant
- Dual Enrollment Program
- REACH Scholarship
- Georgia’s HERO Scholarship Program
- Public Safety Memorial Grant
- Student Access Loan
- Georgia National Guard Service Cancelable Loan